Tuesday, April 15, 2014

4. Eat Well.

No, I'm not gonna get all vegetarian, organic, macrobiotic, live on brown rice...and I'm not going to get all paleo, atkins, no carbs on you either.

I'm just going to say you could eat better.  You know it, I know it and your mother knows it too.

The closer you can eat to the source, the better off you are.  Food created in factories isn't really food.  

Sometimes, even when it looks like food, it's not food.  You probably heard that Subway just vowed to quit putting azodicarbonamide into their bread.  That's right...the same stuff they make those yoga mats out of....Subway's going to stop putting it in their bread.  There are about 500 other food products that use it, but Subway is quitting.

Check the bread you bought at the store, does it contain azodicarbonamide?  I don't care if the FDA says its not a health concern, I don't think eating a yoga mat is something I want to do. 


I won't caution you, though, to simply stay away from things you can't pronounce.  Here's a link where a chemistry professor shows you what a food label on common fruits and vegetables would look like. 

Sometimes, frozen foods can even be more nutritious than fresh produce.  Cheaper too.

So that's our 4th guideline to good health.  Eat well: stay away from the crap, eat lots of different fruits and vegetables, ignore fad diets. 

You can thank me later.








No comments:

Post a Comment